Monday 28 May 2007

Specsavers

I went to Specsavers a couple of weeks ago, guess who I bumped into on my way back.... Everyone!! Hehehe. Okay on a serious note. I finally went to the Opticians to get my eyes checked. I used to wear glasses years ago but "lost" them in my early teens coz the frame (chosen by my dad) was massive, round and plastic and the lenses were think and tinted. But I couldn't put it off much longer coz being on placement and sitting in front of a computer all day strained my eyes and I was getting bags from all the squinting. So my colleague Hilary urged me to go to the opticians. To cut a long story short, I got my specs and I was so surprised by how clear everything is. I thought it was normal to have to squint at the bus to be able to tell what number it is or to wonder who that man coming towards me with a massive grin at the train station is (my boyfriend). Now I can recognise people from crazy distances and I don't see halos everywhere at night. The joys of technology, I can see!!!! It's so exciting. I din't think it would make such a difference but it has. Oh and I have to add, I got two designer pairs, FCUK and OSIRIS. Totally hot!

2 comments:

Tu said...

I think, I have the same problem.

I think I am fine on my day-to-day,

It's when I am watching the game in a bar, and someone says, "Tung, why are you squinting?" that I think about my bad eyesight.

Then When I am at work, working with somebody it just makes me look really bad and confused (which doesn’t do much for my clients confidence in me), cus ill be squinting like I am trying to figure something out.

Maybe I should get new specs too.....

Amanda said...

Lol, i can imagine that. but maybe you're just cross eyed. hehehehehe. just kiddin. yeah go and get new specs cuz!