Sunday 27 May 2007

Anniversary

It's Stan and I's anniversary today, fourth anniversary! I can't believe it's been so long. I can remember well the day we met. We're both convinced it was fate. We had lived on the same road, about eight or nine houses away, for ten years but had only vaguely seen each other once or twice. On this day we were both in the queue to get on a combi (if you're from H you'll know what I mean) and I noticed this cute, decent looking guy in a blue T-shirt with faces on it. I remember thinking he was so hot and that if I knew him I'd joke that he looks like the dudes on his T-shirt, lol. Moving on, we both got on the same combi and I remember stealing glances at him. It turns out he was stealing glances at me too! **giggles**

About ten minutes away from homes, the combi driver noticed a road block with cops and did a sharp U-turn and took another route (only in H). About fifteen minutes on the combi just pulled up and we were told to get out because one of the tyres had a puncture and we'd have to find alternative ways to get home. Everyone got out and was waiting for other combis to get onto. All this time I was highly aware of Stan and my female premonition kinda made me aware of a connection to come.. or something. Then the worst thing happened. Some guy totally below my standards (gwash if u're from H) came and kept trying to talk to me; "Hello sista!" lol. I ignored him and walked a few steps away. Then Stan came closer and the first thing he ever said to me was "That was the longest bust ride ever".. You can only imagine the sharp increase in my heart rate and the excitement that he'd talked to me, lol. So anyway, he asked if I'd want to walk the rest of the way home with him and of course I did. We talked and talked and talked so much that we only realised we didn't know each other's names when we were about to reach my house probably twenty minutes from the place the combi had punctured. We said our goodbyes and thought that was it coz he didn't ask for my number!! But one week later he paid me a visit and here we are.

I can't say it's all been bliss but Stan's taught me so much about myself and we get stronger everyday. Looking back at the early days it seems like a lifetime ago but four years on I remember it like it was a week ago. The best days of my life. Only time can tell what the future holds. Hope we make the best of it.

2 comments:

Tu said...

Can you stop talking about this guy until he pays up.

Yaal better be saving up, I’m not going be asking for no cow.

I want a cell phone and a new pair of sneaks, for roora.

Amanda said...

hahahahaha LOL thats hilarious!